Most customers contact us to simply export the current view of a Design Studio / Lumira Designer application to PDF, PowerPoint, Word or Excel. They love the quality of the export documents and the flexibility to customize the documents, which is offered by biExport for SAP Design Studio / Lumira Designer.
The most interesting scenarios though are the publishing scenarios, which you can implement with our export solution:
- When not only the content that the user currently sees on the screen is exported.
- When the document is not returned directly to the user, but sent or stored by the export process
Today, I want to introduce you to a feature, which can be easily implemented, you never thought about, but which your users will love you for:
The flexible selection of export content for highly individual briefing books and management presentations!
Imagine the following scenarios:
- A user is requested to compile a PowerPoint presentation of sales data for three different countries. This data is displayed in a Design Studio dashboard
- A user wants to create a briefing book in Word with data from multiple company perspectives. This data is displayed on individual tabs, subtabs or page books of a Design Studio dashboard.
- A user wants to document an analysis path taken to find a decision. Each filter, drilldown and navigation step shall be included in the document
Here is how you can easily implement these scenarios:
- Start with your current dashboard
- Drag in the biExport component
- Hide all buttons of the component
- Add a button, name it “Export” and enter the onClick event “OPENBIEXPORT_1.doExport(“DOC”);” to export to Word. If you want to export to PowerPoint, replace “DOC” by “PPT”.
- Add a second button named “Pin View” and enter the onClick event “OPENBIEXPORT_1.addExportView(“”);”
- You are already done! Execute the dashboard!
This setup is always the same, the scenarios only differ in the user’s navigation!
Here is how users can easily use this feature:
- Navigate in the dashboard:
Click on the “Pin view” button to pin the current view of the dashboard
Repeat steps 1 and 2 as often as necessary
Click on the “Export” button to receive the documenti>
- Select a filter from a dropdown box (scenario 1)
- Click on a tab (scenario 2)
- Do a drilldown, filter, etc. (scenario 3)